Community transport is committed to delivering safe, accessible transport for the community. Training is provided by and through the many community transport operators across Northern Ireland. Training is provided for community groups wishing to either make use of the local community minibus or who operate their own minibus. Training is also offered to taxi and private coach drivers to help improve safety and customer care standards across Northern Ireland.
- Minibus Driving Awareness Scheme for new and existing drivers
- Passenger Assistant Training
- Car & MPV training for volunteer car drivers
- Fire evacuation training for drivers
If you would like to find out more about a course in your local area please contact your local community transport operator. View the Local Operators »
The CTA (Community Transport Association) is the national advisory charity for the community transport sector. The CTA is committed to assisting community transport operators to deliver safe and accessible transport solutions throughout the community.
The CTA provides training in Northern Ireland. The training calendar for the year can be accessed on the Training and Events Calendar on the CTAUK web site.
- Minibuses and the Law
- Minibus Management
- Governance training for community transport boards
- Customer care training for customer facing staff
- Disability, Equality and diversity training
- Finance Management for community transport operators
- Basic vehicle maintenance and lift operation training
- Child and vulnerable adult protection training
- MiDAS suite of training
- MiDAS Driver / Assessor Trainer Course
- MiDAS Passenger Assistant Trainer Course
- MiDAS Car & MPV Trainer Course
- MiDAS Basic First Aid Trainers Course
- MiDAS Manual Handling Trainers Course
- 5 Steps to Safety (Fire evacuation) Trainers Course
CTA also provide business support for community transport providers through a range of professional support services: Advice, technical support, provision of S10b permits, AccessNI checks etc.
To contact the CTA in Northern Ireland please call 028 9094 1661 or email Sylvia@ctauk.org