Out and About Community Transport
To provide affordable and accessible transport to individuals and groups within the Magherafelt District Council area.
|Contact Name||Amanda McCloskey|
|Address||Unit B12, |
The Business Centre
80-82 Rainey Street
|Operational Area||Magherafelt District Council Area|
Who is Out & About Community Transport?
Out & About Community Transport exists to provide accessible and affordable transport to those individuals and groups whose needs are not being met by existing public transport provision.
The aim and objectives of Out and About Community Transport include;
- Offer a door to door service for individuals and groups within the council area, through Group Hire and Dial-A-Lift.
- Promote and recruit volunteers, to assist in the provision of transport services.
- Promote the transport service as part of an overall transport network for the District Council area, in conjunction with other transport providers.
- Improve minibus driving skills across the transport sector, through the delivery of MIDAS training.
- Improve the care of vulnerable passengers, through the provision of P.A.T.S training.
- Maintain and adhere to all policies/standards as laid down by the relevant authorities.
- Adopt a flexible approach to transport needs that could result in economies of scale and participation leading to opportunities for improved sustainability. Develop an Inter-Council approach to partnership working with Cookstown District Council and Dungannon District Council, to examine ways of working more effectively and efficiently, with due regard to the current economic climate.
What transport services are available?
Out & About Community Transport provides a range of service options tailored to suit individual and group travel requirements:
- For individuals there are Dial a Lift and Social Car schemes providing door to door travel, either in Out & About minibuses or by car with vetted volunteers.
- For groups, our 16 seater minibuses are available for hire either with an Out & About driver or on hire without a driver. Please note that all drivers must hold a valid Midas certificate and be registered with Out & About Community Transport.
How to access Out & About services:
In order to use Out & About services you will need to register as a member. Joining Out & About is easy – just contact the office and our staff will be happy to talk you through the registration process. Membership to Out & About is £7 per annum for individuals and £25 per annum for qualifying groups.Once you have signed up as a member, simply contact the office to book your transport giving as much notice as possible. We will do our very best to have a vehicle available for you.
How much does it cost to travel?
Members with a valid Smart Pass can travel for free or half fare on Dial a Lift services through the Assisted Rural Transport Scheme in their local area. Other services – for individuals and groups – are priced affordably.
Out & About Community Transport offers a number of driver and passenger related training courses, including;
- Midas Driver Training
- Midas Car & MPV
- Passenger Assistant Training
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Out & About Community Transport currently have a number of volunteer positions available, these include;
- Committee member
- Minibus driver
- Social Car Driver
- Passenger Assistant
- Fund raisers
If you have some time to spare and would like to join the Out & About volunteer team please do not hesitate to contact our office.